First aid recertification is the process through which trained first aiders go through a short course to refresh their skills as well as to learn any new techniques that may have been updated. Updates in first aid and CPR are provided through the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation and the American Heart Association. This short course is very important for first aiders who also need to renew their certificates. First aid certificates, as you may verily well know, have a validity of a given number of years. When this duration of time has elapsed, it is important for first aiders to refresh their skills to remain updated. Once the course has been completed, the individuals will take a short test.
The importance of first aid recertification becomes clear for certain careers. There are numerous careers, both medical and non-medical, which require individuals to undergo recertification (click here to find a course). Below are some of the careers where this is very important:
- Personal gym trainers
- Public health officials
- Prison guards
- Public transport workers
- Emergency medical technicians
- Caregivers and babysitters among many others
Courses which lead up to first aid recertification are readily available in different training centers. For many individuals, the option of going back to the centre where they first received their training proves to be a viable option. This is because all the records are present at that specific centre. There is also the familiarity that comes with learning in a place where you are aware of the different procedures. For some, this is not practical owing to present logistical issues, in which case choosing online first aid recertification courses becomes of paramount importance. Online courses have the advantage of being convenient. The fact that they can be accessed from any part of the world makes them a choice for numerous people.
Facts About Re-Certification Courses
- First aid recertification does not have any age restrictions, so provided you have undergone training before, anyone can take the recertification course. It is, however, important to realize that the individual partaking recertification must have been old enough to understand the basics of first aid such as performing chest compressions or giving mouth-to-mouth rescue breaths.
- The curriculum for first aid recertification includes refresher courses on first aid basics and CPR techniques. This is an important facet of the recertification since it is during this process that any new techniques advanced during the course of the validity of your certificate are learnt. First aid is dynamic, and so is the research carried out in this light. As a result, continual research carried out means that new discoveries are made to better techniques.
- Recertification courses may be custom made to suit specifics as far as occupations are concerned. This will influence the duration of the course as well as the modules to be covered.
- Choosing a training centre to do your recertification is just as important as choosing a first aid training centre. This is especially so for companies looking to provide first aid recertification for their employees.